Combined tour to the Cava Interpretation Centre and Vilarnau Cava Winery
Discover the story that marked the path and the spirit of cava at the old Fassina de Can Guineu distillery, current Cava Interpretation Centre. Find out, in an interactive way, the secrets of this quality sparkling wine, delve into the beginnings of the cava industry, its values, the effort and perseverance ot its main characters, and everything to do with the world of cava.
Complete your experience at Vilarnau Cava Winery. The first bottle with a Vilarnau label was released in 1949 when the Cuscó family began selling cava produced from their vineyards of Can Petit and las Planas de Vilarnau estates. Admist the awesome spot where Vilarnau is located, surrounded by vineyards, the Mediterranen forest and the unique views of the Montserrat Mountains, visitors will experience, at first hand, both the different grape varieties that Vilarnau grows based on a 100% ecological viticulture and their excellent cavas.
The architecture and design of the cellar, with its long straight lines that integrate themselves in the landscape, invite you to abstract yourself for a while and enjoy nature and cava. the interior was designed by the well-known artist, Antoni Miró, who created a warm and pleasure atmosphere.
What does it include?
At the Cava Interpretation Centre you will find:
- Tactile screens for you to discover the story, the patrimonial heritage and the influence of cava in the town
- An augmented reality game based on the vital cycle of the Phylloxera insect and a 3D projection
- The Phylloxera Festival Room with giant muppets that take part in the festival and a projection
- Visit the cellar to enjoy a large audiovisual on the world of cava
- A cava tasting paired with a snack
At Vilarnau Cava Winery you will enjoy from:
Family visit option
- A guided tour at the winery with an specialized guide
- Explanations about the cava making process from the vines until the creation of the bubbles
- A commented cava tasting of three different products
: Kids will be able to walk around the vineyards in order to know where the grapes come from. They will also be able to walk around the lake to get to the processing wine area to find out how the bubbles of cava are born. Finally, they will make a workshop with recycled cork stoppers and other recycled objects. They will try a glass of must paired with some snacks.